Friday 22 February 2013

New view ....

Thankfully, our road was sealed on Thursday before the rain. This is the view from my sewing room today:


Its been a wild and wooly night but nothing like people living further up the NSW coast.

Do you read other peoples blogs and wonder how they produce such beautiful work so quickly? I do. Maybe it comes with experience? Maybe I'm just slow? I do aspire to be like them, I suppose some would say I have sewing envy, haha.

I have been doing some hand sewing that I cant show at the moment. I have been using some Presencia thread. Very nice to sew with.

A couple of weeks ago, Anthea showed us a lovely bag she had made with blue fabric. At the time I commented to her how I liked the fabric then realised I had bought some also.
I ummed and ahhed about what to make and this is my finished tote:




I found the pattern on Allpeoplequilt.com. The front section is quilted and is two pockets. The design wasn't lined but I have lined it and added an inside pocket. I really like it and intend to use it for everyday for a while. I want to make a backpack, do you have a favourite pattern for one? I'd love to know.

While sewing yesterday our pup, Charlie found a comfy bed for himself on some wadding. He moved before I could take the original position but here he is .........

I bought Charlie as a companion for my hubbie when I worked. He now shares himself around between us.

Enjoy your weekend.

Sharyn:)

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

That is a lovely bag, and lovely fabrics, Sharyn. Charlie looks very comfortable. I am sure our pets think our fabrics and quilts are for their pleasure.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Charlie is gorgeous, I'm glad that you are not too close to that wild weather. We had a shocking storm come through on Thursday.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Glad your outlook has improved at home. Your bag is gorgeous...so very pretty. I think we all suffer from sewing envy sometimes. I know I do when I see gorgeous pieced and non- flat type sewing as I am a bit deficient in these areas but hey at the end of the day you just go at your own pace as it is suppose to be fun.
Charlie is just so cute. Funny how they love to lie on our sewing and quilts.

Maria said...

You have amde a lovely bag eith your blue fabrics..
Charlie does look very comfy..

Anonymous said...

lovely bag Sharon,love the fabric,well done on a beautiful finish.xx

Simone Harding said...

So glad there won't be any more noisy early morning starts for you. Love you bag, you have used some gorgeous fabrics.

Anthea said...

Sharyn the bag looks gorgeous - amazing how different colours make a fabric look so different, mine being the pinks and yours being the blues! I like the stripes too...
Do you have to join 'all people quilt' in order to download?
I agree with Michelle - it's hard not be be envious of the productivity of some people - maybe they are making a lot of simpler items, have more time for it, or have a hubby that snores! It's important that your sewing & stitching be what YOU love and get satisfaction from. x