Friday 29 March 2013

Burra and beyond....

We've been travelling through Northern Victoria and Eastern South Australia. Stayed at a great free camp at Marangatang (near Swan Hill), a lovely  camp at Lyra on the banks of the Murray River (near Renmark) and arrived here at Burra yesterday. We are staying in the Showground with some 14 other vans. Here's our outlook yesterday of the local ony club training for an upcoming event.
It's a great wheat belt through this area. Very picturesque but unfortunately I don't always carry my iPad on our travels. I will try to do better. 
On our way from Echuca to Swan Hill we passes a HUGE lake. Boga Lake had a huge swell the day we drove by. The museum is dedicated to the Catalina planes that used this lake to land on and train pilots.
We have decided to stay put for the Easter break. A $15 a night with power and hot shower, great scenery and company, it's a bargain.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Sharyn:)



5 comments:

Valspierssews said...

Best not to be on the roads during Easter. It looks pretty flat there. Good for wheat I suppose.

Simone Harding said...

Sharyn. I lived quite close to Manangatang and Swan Hill. I was actually in Sean Hill last weekend.
I lived in Balranald.
Love seeing your pics if very familiar places. Happy travelling!

Katherine said...

Happy Easter Sharyn. Enjoy reading about your trip too.

Leanne said...

It looks like a fun way to spend easter, enjoy.

Shay said...

I arrived in Renmark on Friday . What a pity I missed you.